Friday, June 13, 2014

If You Know What I Mean

I can't tell you how excited I am to have finally arrived at this entry! I think this might be my favorite piece of all time. It is titled "If You Know What I Mean" because it is heavy on the symbolism, particularly the second half. An enigmatic little poem. There is nothing more magical than the journey to the heart of these symbols. (Except, probably, the ones I haven't discovered yet!) Seek and you will find. Blessings!

9/8/2010


I
I am
I am a lion
I am the jungle
I am the trees
My leaves call the lightning
My roots tap the deep
The deep waters
The hidden well
The ancient river
That feeds the ocean swells
The sea that sees the Moon
And mirrors her motion
As if the Moon's Tranquility
Were too barren for her to bear
And so she needs Earth's oceans
To capture fertility
And encompass our emotion


I
I am
I am the heart of fire
I am the sacred spear
I am the destroyer of desire
I will defeat the fear
I sing the symbol song
And force the Swan to sing along
Seven Sisters burning in the sky
Seven Sisters to conquer or die
Build a lever larger than the sun
Find some place to stand upon
The stars will fall flaming to the Earth
With holy fire the world will burn
Look not to Venus
Look not to Mars
All you require
Is already yours

No comments:

Post a Comment